Intro to Sewing 4 Class Bundle
Introduction to Sewing Classes – Ages 16+
Part 1 – The Sewing Machine (45 Minutes) $20
- Anatomy of a Machine: Learn the basic sewing machine parts. There will be multiple sewing machines shown as examples, similarities, differences, things to note when purchasing a machine.
- Setting Up a Machine: How to thread your machine.
- Basic first functions: Forward, Backward, Straight Stitch, Zig-Zag, Seam Allowance.
Sewing machines optional. If you bring your own machine we will make sure that you leave knowing how to do all of the above on your specific model.
Part 2 – Reading a pattern (1 hour) $25
- This class will give broad strokes look at the variety of patterns on the market, what each one should contain, how to find, read, and know where to look for the information you need to sew a successful project.
- Traditional Tissue Apparel Patterns – i.e. Butterick, McCalls, Simplicity
- Quilt Patterns
- PDF Sewing Patterns
*Class includes one free Eunoia pattern from a selection of patterns shown during the class.
Part 3 – Fabrics (1 hour) $25
- With so many fabrics to choose from how do you know what fabric to pick for what project? We will cover the following:
- Woven fabrics vs Knit fabrics.
- Fiber Content vs finishing and how one polyester textile can be so different from the other.
- Calculating stretch %
- Choosing the right needle for the right fabric and why that matters
**I promise the information in this class will save you hundreds of dollars vs navigating fabrics and learning on your own one wrong fabric at a time.
Part 4 – Notions & Tools (45 minutes) $20
- Measuring tools
- Cutting tools
- Sewing machine feet
- Clips vs pins and is every pin alike?
- Marking tools
- The “must haves” and the “fun to have”
*You will leave this class with a selection of notion samples, a machine foot guide & coupon for notions purchases at our shop.
Purchase all 4 classes for $75 and save $15